Monday, May 21, 2018

The Mustang

  
When I first saw sketch #325 at  "SKETCHES IN THYME"  I was intimidated.   I never know what to do about circles, but I had this great series of pictures and decided to use them and cut the two into circles and I'm really pleased with the result.    I just used red cardstock as my background to go with the cars interior and then do everything else with black and white.   I didn't have all the white Thickers alphas I needed so I used silver although in this picture they look more gold, in person they look so much better.  I decided to add a tag to the sketch for my journaling plus that gave me a spot of solid black and just matted the tag in white again and used white bakers twine to know it and journaled in white gel ink and I think it all ties together.    The car is a new old car my brother just bought.  Growing up in our teens this was the car we both drove a 1966 white mustang with red interior.  We have both always said we wanted another one and finally found it.   I'll be at his house tomorrow and can't wait to ride in it.   Oh and the little one checkin it out is my granddaughter.
(I'm jealous she got to get in it before I did)  LOL

Here is the sketch and link to  "SKETCHES IN THYME"


No comments:

Post a Comment