Thursday, May 18, 2017

Four Generations


I've been wanting to scrap this picture for a long time.   Today it finally went together just the way I wanted it.   I wanted an old vintage feel to it and I thought I could make the May 15th sketch at
"STUCK ?! SKETCHES"  work for it buy using doilies with the sketch.   But then I got really lucky when I started looking through a stack on single sheets of paper from individual buys or odds and ends from collections.   I really was looking for something to work for the piece behind my picture and I found this hounds tooth piece and right below it was the single sheet of this vintage look paper with the circle.  I knew I could make it work with the sketch and have it all come out.

I'm guessing I was maybe 3 in this picture which would make it 1954 and I'm with my Mom, her Dad and his Mom.   Making it 4 generations.   I'm so happy I have this picture and finally made a layout with it.   I'm pleased with them both.

Here is the sketch and the link to  "STUCK ?! SKETCHES"


5 comments:

  1. A beautiful photo and page. Very elegant! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and photo Barbara :) I see alot of Leslie from your Mom. Well done with that sketch too

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've certainly done justice to the precious photo and kept the theme elegant and muted. Lovely work. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketche

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so pretty, love the layered background and pretty embellishing! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo beautiful!! Love that photo and love your embellishing! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete