Saturday, February 13, 2016

Grandparents


These are Cec's parents and Silas's grandparents that also live in Sydney.    I've never met them but I have to be sure and include pictures of them in the album I'm making of Silas.   I have very few pictures, but these two were great.   They were taken while they were having a dinner over at their house and enjoying some outside warm weather.    I've had this matted grandparents poem from a swap for many years and really didn't know if I would ever use it.   I was actually looking for
embellishments to use in my "family" draw of goodies and came across this.
I had already picked out the Make It Monday Sketch #53 at   "THE MEMORY NEST" and had paper cut for the strip down the left side to go with the sketch, but then when I saw this poem I knew it would work perfectly,  it was even matted with a purple print and yardstick just like Nestor's shirt int he picture.   So I just made a thin double mat on my grey patterned paper (to go with the fence in background and siding on house) with purple and grey.    I decided to go with no title and just add a wood 'Love" piece for a single embellishment.

Here is the sketch and check out the details here for this challenge at "THE MEMORY NEST"



5 comments:

  1. They really are joyous photos and really grab your attention straightaway. Love the poem and its sentiments - so apt. Fabulous page. Thanks for sharing at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic take on the sketch and such a happy baby too :) Can see alot of resemblance to the grandfather and the child in this picture :)The poem is a great addition to the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the sketch! Such cute photos! Thanks for playing along with us at TMN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page!! Love how you incorporated two pictures into this page and that fabulous poem!! Thanks for playing along with us at tMN!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbara! I love how you used the grandparents journaling in the left side of the sketch, this whole page is wonderfully heartfelt! Thanks for joining in once again at THE MEMORY NEST!

    ReplyDelete