Saturday, May 2, 2015

Orchids


Sometimes you just have to use the sketch twice.      I picked the sketch at "Stuck?! Sketches"
to make my layout today because I could use 3 pictures.   I knew I wanted to make a layout of the pictures of all the orchids we saw this last week when we went to the Kaufman Memorial Gardens here in town just to have a leisurely stroll one morning.    But then I couldn't decide what pictures to use so I just decided to use the same sketch twice and make a double page and use 6 of the pictures I took.   Problem solved.

I went back and forth with the sketch and trying to decide if I wanted to cut a paper circle to put on my layout, since the sketch showed a circle behind everything but I just couldn't decide on what papers to use after pulling out at least 6 different patterns and colors to look at.   So I just decided to trace a circle in black and go with that, but wasn't satisfied yet till I added some white pearls on the circle.   I think pearls and orchids go together just fine.   :)

Here is the sketch I used and then go here to "Stuck?! Sketches" to read all the details on the challenge plus get some great inspiration from the Design Team.


5 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! I love how you turned this into a double layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barb, great job stretching the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch making it a double. Love the pearls added to your circle...perfect touch Barb! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing double page, such a fabulous take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all about this layout! So soft, love the pearls! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete