Saturday, May 2, 2015

Fun Day !


It's NSD and I've been scrapping all day.   I started out with this layout because I get to enter it in 3 challenges with the May TicTacToe and Scrappy Friends Challenge

To break it down,  I started at "Rochelle Spears" blog and played along with her May Tic Tac Toe
challenge,  I used the middle row of Butter, Flower and anything Pink.    I have butterflies on my papers, and 3 little punched butterflies, I have pink yardstick as my background paper, pink doily and pink in the butterflies of the patterned paper and then I have one green foam flower embellishment plus all the flowers in my two pictures.

Next I went to one of the Scrappy Friends "Grand Diva's Creative Corner" and used Brenda's  May sketch.

I really liked this sketch and I used a background of pink yardstick so you could see the divide of my main background paper which was one piece I cut down a bit from Kathy David - Butterfly Promise collection, the green butterfly paper sticking out from behind the pictures is also from that collection, the polka dot paper for the banner under the picture and the mini banner where I stamped the date was just paper from my stash and then instead of more paper to right of the pictures I used part of a pink doily.


Then the reason I went with these papers is because of the 3rd Scrappy Friends challenge I'm entering and that is Kelly's color challenge at "Creating With Paper and More.  Most all the colors were already in my paper choices but I pulled bit more of the paler green with my glittery foam flower embellishment on the bottom corner of one picture and the the bright pink Thicker alphas that I used for my title
I believe this sis the first time I've ever been able to combine all 3 of the Scrappy Friends challenges and I'm so glad I went for it.    Plus I also got to scrap pictures of us from earlier in the week when we spent the morning walking around the Kaufman Memorial Gardens here in Kansas City

Here are the links for each challenge.

Rochelle's tic tac toe challenge --- "Rochelle Spears"

Brenda's sketch challenge -- "Grand Diva's Creative Corner" 

Kelly's color challenge --  "Creating with Paper and More"

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Barbara and wonderful job on all three challenges! Thank you for participating in the May Scrappy Friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with Scrappy Friends Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on all 3 of the challenges! Love the background paper and the pink doily! Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete