Monday, January 5, 2015

Health for 2015



A new year is here.   Can you believe its 2015.   I can remember waiting for the millennium to arrive and now 15 years into it.      I've never been a big resolution maker for the new year.    But.....feeling so bad in December I decided I really have to take care of myself and put myself first for a change.
It's been ages since I've had my own doctor and had a physical but tomorrow is the big day and I have to say I'm so glad I made the decision to make the appt and get started on numero uno.

So its not a resolution just a new way of thinking.   I'm setting aside all the diet drinks I fill up on and really drinking lots of water everyday, and what do you know, I've found out I like water.    Plus I'm not going to think of my scale as the enemy but the weight loss has already started and I have to admit I want to continue to step on that scale in the morning and see a difference.

I used the sketch at "Sketches in Thyme" for my layout.    I like the number background paper as to me it represents a new year and new numbers to see changing on the scale.    Wish me luck everyone.

You can see this great sketch that was made for "Sketches in Thyme" by Bev Code below and check out all the details of the challenge   HERE.

Also over at "S.W.A.T" (Scrap Warriors Advanced Training) the first challenge for January is Drill #47 and its 'One Little Word for 2015'   and this is my word for the year and will be entering my layout at "SWAT" also.   Check out the details HERE.


7 comments:

  1. Barb - I LOVE this layout!! Pinning!! Health can be your ONE Little Word! Have you heard of that. I am also trying to lose weight. I was told to pick a day and way yourself on that day every week! I chose Wednesday!! Remember your weight can fluctuate throughout the week so getting on the scale too much can be frustrating! Just thought I would share that little piece advice that was shared with me! I hope you have an amazing 2015 and that you start to feel better! I Look forward to getting to know you better and seeing what you create!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barb this layout is fabulous! Glad to see you putting you first! I like the way your thinking to so here is to your Health :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leslie and Tina. Believe me putting myself first is a new concept for me. It started yesterday when I had a complete physical and found my own doctor for the first time in too many years that I plan to follow thru with and get all the tests I need and come out with a positive feeling about me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barbara!! This is awesome!! Love how you used the sketch of course and love the whole meaning behind it all. Way to put yourself first!! When you have a chance, can you please email me at fishquad at comcast dot net. ?? :) Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go on healthy changes and documenting them!! fun page!!! thanks for playing along with SIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fresh colors on the layout. Great one word! Thanks for sharing at SWAt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combo and the flower is so pretty! thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete